PanelView Plus 1250 cable and software

Benyamin

Dear Friends,
I want to connect a Controllogix 5563 and a PanelView Plus 1250 (2711P-T12C4D8).

My questions are:
1)How many types of cable (and Catalog number) can be use for connection from PanelView Plus 1250 to Controllogix 5563 and laptop. (2711-NC13 or anything else)
2)What is the software should be used. (Factory Talk View Studio Machine Edition and RSLinx Enterprise or anything else)

I appreciate to your time and thank you very much in advance for your response

Benyamin

To connect a PanelView Plus terminal's RS-232 DB-9 port to any controller with a DB-9 serial port, you can use the following straight through cables...

The following cables are interchangeable...

2706-NC13 - 10.0 feet (3 meter)
2711-NC13 - 16.4 feet (5 meter)
2711-NC14 - 32.7 feet (10 meter)

You can alternatively use any user made DB-9 to DB-9 straight through cable up to 50 feet maximum for RS-232 serial communications. That is a recommended maximum, to avoid interference. Some installations have successfully exceeded this limit, some have not.

These cables can also be used to transfer applications from your computer to the terminal.

Your PanelView Plus terminal also sports an Ethernet port. This would would facilitate adding it to an Ethernet network, if it suited, and if the ControlLogix already happens to be on such a network via a 1756 Ethernet communications module.

If not, or you have to use the controller's serial, then alternatively you could still use the terminal's Ethernet port to a 1761-NET-ENI, which would convert EtherNet/IP to DF1.

Just something to think about.

As for the software. FactoryTalk View Studio v6 minimum is required for PanelView Plus 6 terminals. This will have RSLinx Enterprise included.

Regards,
George

Hi George,
Thank you very much for your valuable information.
I will try to find the cable and software in our plant tomorrow.

Best regards,

Benyamin