Restore FTView SE 5.1 Network Distributed

junior

Hi All,
I followed this knowledge base instructions https://rockwellauto...55703/related/1to back up an FTView SE 5.1 network distributed application, so I could re-created it on another PC with FTView SE 7.0. I followed all the steps (I also had to use the legacy tag converter tool) and everything seemed to work, except when I open up any of the displays in the FTView SE 7.0 application, all text that was on the display shows up as "?". Is there anyway to fix this so it will show the text properly?

Jr.

It sounds like your RSLinx Enterprise configuration is missing (if you're using RSLInx Enterprise for a data server). Copying it over is not part of the steps you followed.

Copy the RSLinxNG.xml file located in C:\ProgramData\Rockwell\RSLinx Enterprise to the new PC.

Actually this is probably not the case if you're getting question marks. A search of AB knowledgebase returns various language related problems. Is your project using a different language or using language switching?

The project is all done in english. The project has about 30 screens in it & most of them show a "?" where normal text would be, even the text on a goto button, but there are 3 screens where some of the text has transferred, but not all. It's very weird.

I think TimOB is on the right track - it is a language issue.
Is the language of the project the same as the language on the PC.

The project on the computer with version 5.1 is english and when I look at the displays they have all the text there and the text is in english. The new computer with version 7, FTView is also installed in english.

I think this might be more a Font issue than a Language issue?

Check which Font is being used in the v5 application for both the text that does display in v7 and the text that does not and see are they different. If they are, then it's most likely that the v7 computer does not have the Font installed for the text that does not display, but it does have the Font installed for the text that does display.

If they are all using the same Font in v5, then we'll have to dig deeper.

Regards,
George

I seemed to have solved the issue, but I'm not sure why. What I did was on the new computer with v7, I deleted the HMI server in the project & then created a new one. Now all the text is on the displays. Perhaps it was something with the restore?

Well done.

Yes. It sounds like the HMI Server was corrupted and the tag data could not access it properly. A bad Restore would be a good guess alright.

G.