FTView SE Won't work on 2nd PC after Restore

Just Some Guy

I'm implementing several FTView 8.1 HMI applications for a client which are conversions from RSView32 & I've come across this wonderful idiosyncrasy.

I develop, test and archive the application from station 1, move the archive to the second PC and after restoring it, It is rare that all components work properly, and usually one or more of these doesn't work:
RSLinx Enterprise
Alarm And Event Server
Dataloggers

The workaround I've found for the RSLinx and Alarm servers is to delete the existing and then recreate, but I haven't found a way to get the Dataloggers going on the second station?

Not sure what I'll do once the grace period on the development runs out on the second station?

Now this also ties the client's hands since they cannot simply restore an archive I send them if they have to do the song and dance of deleting/rebuilding... and again, once the development grace period runs out... what then?

Why is this such a POS?

FTView is trash.

Linx Enterprise - Just go ahead and recreate all the links. No restore will always work.

A&E Server - Ditto; mainly because of broken connections with RSLinx, which is still looking to the FTDirectory on your old PC.

Datalogs - Are you logging remotely? or just using local datalog files? The local datalogs should work, but the instance to the local SQL express is probably broken. If logging remotely, FTView is about the stupidest piece of garbage in the world for interacting with SQL server.

#1, It MUST use only the plain jane SQL Server connector.
#2, It must use the correct (64 or 32 bit) connector.
#3, It must have and be configured for a SQL Server user/pw to login. Since V8, the Rockwell zombies that 'update' FTView have broken completely the ability for the datalogger to connect with the computer user's authentication.
#4, Sometimes, you must switch it from SQL Server to Local And back again (or the other way around).
#5, EVERY other HMI on the market is 83792876759872% better then anything FTView.

If you want some real fun, talk to their "Tech Support"... That is always good for a laugh.