RS view32 Numeric data input without pressing "Enter"

AB2005

Hi;

In numeric input field in Rs View32 works, after writing a value, if we don't press the Enter button from keyboard, value doesn't load. Is there anyway that we just write the value in numeric input field and when we press TAB, the value automatically loads in tag?

You can maybe use VBA for that.

Here is a much better numeric entry keypad than provided with RSView or FTView. It says it isn't the latest version, but due to idiocy on the Rockwell Support site, I cannot find the latest version. This one works all the way up to FTView 8 and Windows 7 though.

Edit: You can find a later version if you go to the Rockwell support site, go to downloads, pick "Sample Code", type in "Numeric Keypad". I'd provide a direct link, but they won't let me link to that page.

Last edited:
Surprisingly for the idiots, it was the first hit on a KB Search...

7186 - Utility: Numeric Keypad ActiveX control
Access Level: TechConnect

The Technote gives details of all its functions and features.

The older and newer versions are also attached at the bottom of the Technote.

Regards,
George

2015-07-16 13.53.55.png

Hi Robobob,

I'm sure, if you've read some of my previous posts on the Forum, you'll notice that I try to conduct myself with the height of decorum and professionalism, at all times. I might slide now and then when my humorous side or disgruntled side takes over, but even then, I would never call anyone names, especially of this nature.

If I had feelings they would be extremely hurt at this point in time that you would think so low of me. :oops:

My reference to "idiots" is not directed at anyone here on the Forum.

It is a reference to rdrast's reference to Rockwell 's "idiocy".

I am saying that "Surprisingly, for Rockwell, whom you think idiotic, or their Support, it was quite easy to find the necessary information".

I was having a friendly dig at rdrast over the recent thread where he also thought the Knowledgebase was "stupid" and "idiotic"...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=647960

I'm not out to change his mind, just balance the playing field.

Respectfully yours,
George

Last edited: