RSView32 numeric/string input keypads...

Paullys50

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've got an RSView32 project that I'm working on, I've built a recipe screen using vba so we can create/modifiy/save all of our recipes in a .csv format. It seemed easier to build the csv format required this way.

Anyway, a Versaview is running the project so I need a decent way of inputting recipe parameters into my recipe screen (no place for a keyboard). Currently I'm calling the windows OSK, which works but as the user base grows for this machine I don't feel the windows on screen keyboard will be adequate.

I would prefer just to use the numeric input and string input keypads that RSView already has, I'm sure there is a way to call these using vba, I just can't seem to find it the answer. Is this possible? If so can someone give me a clue?

I have contemplated making my own keyboard just so I can get more experience with .net....but that would be a side project done at home.

I would prefer just to use the numeric input and string input keypads that RSView already has, I'm sure there is a way to call these using vba, I just can't seem to find it the answer. Is this possible? If so can someone give me a clue?
Yes, in RSView32 Edit Mode, go to the "Logic and Control" menu tree tab, then click on "VBA Editor". This will open a small VBA programmer. There you can use the VBA commands to write a routine that will run and call other commands or routines.

Lancie1 said:
Yes, in RSView32 Edit Mode, go to the "Logic and Control" menu tree tab, then click on "VBA Editor". This will open a small VBA programmer. There you can use the VBA commands to write a routine that will run and call other commands or routines.

I understand the vba editor, I just can't figure out what the vba command is to open the "numeric keypad" already built into RSView32. I currently just use the shell command to open osk.exe.