RSLogix 5000 and ControlNet

JeremyM

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I'm integrating a system deployed ten years ago into our plant's network for the purposes of management and recording its history. Changing the IP of the unit and its connected HMIs worked smoothly and without downtime. The system consists of the IO layout shown in the first attachment and a 1756-L55 running firmware 13.27. None of the program or functionality was previously documented until now, so I completed the documentation, saving the changes to the .ACD file, but RSLogix emitted the warning shown in the second attachment.

If I download the updated program to the controller as-is, will the on-board ControlNet setup evaporate without the project file?

RsNetworx for ControlNet v11 bombs upon launch with the error: "Unable to open initialization file: RSNetworxInit.xml"

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks!

IO Layout.PNG Warning.jpg

Thank you for the reply, Jay.

I got the software running on another machine this morning (under 64-bit Windows 7 instead of 64-bit Windows 8.1) and was able to upload the existing configuration from the ControlNet bridge. There's no plan to alter any of the system's I/O, but having this backed up eases my mind.

That being said, the software was bundled with our copy of RSLogix, but would not activate with the key; I guess it's a separate license altogether which is unfortunate because it's yet another Rockwell landmine that simply shouldn't exist. On the bright side, the software ran once under the grace period to take care of this issue.

The more you know. :)