weighing indicator mettler toledo IND320

ajay34

hello all ..:geek::geek::geek:

i would like to seek help or maybe need some advise regarding IND 320..

recently i had a done a small project ..and it was sucesss and running good.
but than now the guys saying ..need to add more weighing set point ..

my problem is ..i made it as single weighing ..where it was set as 2000mt
and using start button which will trigger IN1 to start running ..and when reach target weight a out signal was send to stop the motor contactor..

now what they was .multi choise of target weight such as 2000mt,1500mt,1000mt and 500mt by select button.and just press start button
example..when they select 1000mt.and press start it will start running and send out to stop motor once reach target .

i thinking of add option card/addtional card but i not sure..
and this weighing is Not on PLC or PC control ..it typical manual system.

can you guys advise me how to over come it and solve it ..
:site:

hello all ..:geek::geek::geek:

i would like to seek help or maybe need some advise regarding IND 320..

recently i had a done a small project ..and it was sucesss and running good.
but than now the guys saying ..need to add more weighing set point ..

my problem is ..i made it as single weighing ..where it was set as 2000mt
and using start button which will trigger IN1 to start running ..and when reach target weight a out signal was send to stop the motor contactor..

now what they was .multi choise of target weight such as 2000mt,1500mt,1000mt and 500mt by select button.and just press start button
example..when they select 1000mt.and press start it will start running and send out to stop motor once reach target .

i thinking of add option card/addtional card but i not sure..
and this weighing is Not on PLC or PC control ..it typical manual system.

can you guys advise me how to over come it and solve it ..
:site:

I have not used the IND320, but I have used MT scales and their Fieldbus and ConModules. If I understand what you are trying to accomplish, I believe you will need a PC or PLC. You would need to send a DOTC command down to the scale everytime they change the target weight selection...

The easiest way I can think of is to get a PC and the ConModule and use the serial interface to send the relevant ASCII commands down.

John

I have only used the IND 780, and I used ethernet as the communication.

Really easy, but as John says you will probably need to purchase an ethernet module.

Cheers

Mark

To provide a little more clarity, I ended up using a Koyo DL06 PLC. The built-in RS-485 port was capable of ASCII commands.

MT does include software with a UI to manually send commands to the scales.

hai ...i m sorry ..not very good in MT scales...i do have plc and pc ..
as for plc it was c200he and using pc as for scada using Wincc flexiable 2008sp3 for other system ..
is it possiable for me to connect this MT to this plc and Wincc ...is does can gv me and example how it work ..

again is possable if i not using PC or PLC to do weighing in manual mode ..just by add
push button or selector switch