RSLogix Compare Tool

redwards

I get the following xml error evertime I try to compare files. I have tried serval versions of the software and still get the same error. Converting the ACD files to LK5 does not help either. I can view compared results from other systems with no problem. Has anyone had this problem and what is needed to correct the problem. Please see attached screenshot of the error.

xml Error.jpg

Hmm, I've never seen it. Can you open the ACD files on the machine that you are comparing them on? I'm curious if the problem is a revision thing.

I have seen the compare tool get corrupted and produce errors. You may be able to run the repair sequence from the install disc for the compare tool only.

I have seen the compare tool get corrupted and produce errors.....

What version of Studio5000 is this in ?

I know that up to and including V21 the compare tool uses L5K files for comparison, not XML files. Above that it might be an option to use XMLs.

Perhaps if either of the projects already has old L5K files the compare tool will use it, and not create a new one, and perhaps the very large quantity of differences is overwhelming the compare tool....

It might be worth a try deleting any existing L5K files of the 2 projects before running the compare utility.... it will create new ones from the ACD files.

My laptops with Logix5000/Studio5000 are out of commission for a few days while I rebuild them, so can't check up on what I've said....

The version is 20.03
I will try the rebuild from the disk. Maybe it does more diagnostics or something. I have only tried uninstalled the compare tool and reinstalled it thinking that was a better way to go.
I did try it with current L5K files and still the same error