PLC-5/15 Battery Question

Thanks Chavak, but that's kind of what's confusing me. The way I read that, if the battery dies it takes processor memory with it, ergo, program is wiped out.

They offer a non-volatile module, and a battery backed module. Seems we have the battery-backed module.

Thanks,

TM

If the battery is dead and you power off the PLC, you will loose the program. If its powered up, you can change the battery without losing the program.

Similar Topics

I just have another question.. what is the main purpose we r using battery inside plc.. how many years a usual one will last?? when battery is...
Replies
Views
Hi there! This is something so old and having machine with it....... Last time unit was powered around 3yr ago and it did not work since than...
Replies
Views
Hello friends, The battery of my omron plc goes low and need to replace with a new one. The original battery value is 3v exactly, while I've a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am doing research project focused on the retrofit of a diesel locomotive into a hydrogen-fuel-cell-battery hybrid locomotive. The...
Replies
Views
At the moment on my application (S7-1212C), the PLC/HMI are showing the correct time, i.e. the displayed time matches the time of the clock on the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom