PLC battery

johneedw

Hello friends,
The battery of my omron plc goes low and need to replace with a new one. The original battery value is 3v exactly, while I've a new one of a value 3.6v!..
Please advice me if it is possible to use the new battery to feed this plc?..
Help me Plz!..

IMG_20231127_124129.jpg IMG_20231127_094305.jpg IMG_20231127_122344.jpg

New lithium batteries are 3.6V

Calling them a 3V battery is a shortcut to distinguish them from 1.5V batteries.

Much the same as the 12V battery in a car is usually around 14V

They recomend that you replace with the correct battery, however, I have replaced many batteries in many types of PLC's with ones from RS or other suppliers & never had a problem, just make sure it is of the same type i.e. lithium or what ever, also, most PLC manufacturers suggest switching off the power but replace within a givewn time i.e. probably less than a minute or two, however, again I have replaced hundreds of batteries while power on & never had a problem, but most will require a re-boot to remove the Batt error light.
We had a yearly plannede maintenance to replace all batteries in PLC's rather than leave them for say 5 years, some PLC's can drain the battery if powered off for long periods & the battery has been in place for sometime.

..co worker who was supposed to be an expert knew enough to get hired. lucky for the plant, i had a current copy.
james

Sounds like the expert electrician that was hired for me without me interviewing him. His brother was the supervisor of the weld department at the automotive supplier I was at in the 90's.

Turns out his entire experience was working on buildings (couldn't touch any equipment) for KFC and the ONLY 2 things he ever did was replace light fixtures and thermostats - now he's the only electrician for a stamping plant with 55 presses, never saw a schematic in his life and didn't know what a relay was.