Cannot Browse Past Ethernet CARD ENBT

whussain6

Hi Guys I can ping my Ethernet card and browse to the Ethernet card (ENBT) using RSLinx V2.59. But I cannot browse past the ENBT. Cannot view the rack or PLC. From the other computer which has RSLogix5000 I can go online with PLC. But his desktop has only RSLinx Calssic and FactoryTalk System plateform. Any ideas Please?

Moreover If I start RSLinx Classic as service it will not show in the bottom pan, neither can I open it from Start>All Programs>Rockwell software>RSLinx Classic. It shows running in RsLing Classic Launch Control tough.

Last edited:
Moreover If I start RSLinx Classic as service it will not show in the bottom pan, neither can I open it from Start>All Programs>Rockwell software>RSLinx Classic. It shows running in RsLing Classic Launch Control tough.

You can use the launch control to start and stop RSLinx as a service.
If you stop it, then you can run it from the start/Rockwell software ... menu and it will run as an application (not as a service) and then you will find it in the tack bar and be able to modify drivers, etc.

Cannot browse past ENBT to the backplane

Hi,

Yes, I know that I can start it as an application but still cannot browse past ENBT which is the original problem.

The start as service is just a side problem which I am not really bothered about. The only reason I mentioned this is to make sure it is not the root cause of my problem. i.e. do I need to run it as service to browse to the PLC?

I have tried EDS files installation, Re-install RSlinx and Harmony files deletion as suggested by people on other threads. But no success