VB Script/Siemens panel help

DLMUK

Hi,

I have never written a bit of VB script before, what I want to do is toggle a value (bool or int) on a Siemens TP HMI button.

I have found the following
https://support.industry.siemens.co...g-vbs-(visual-basic-scripting)?dti=0&lc=en-WW

But when I try and copy the examples I get error messages saying "Tags: is not declared" is undefined on example one.

and

On the second:

"A VB_Script or HMI_Tag object named ScreenItems was not found"

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Hello,

Your first issue is that you are confusing WinCC with WinCCFlexible (I think). The TP HMI stations are usually configured with WinCCFlexible or TIA Portal whereas WinCC is a full blown SCADA system. While the names are similar, the products are not. I assume that we are talking about WinCCFlexible here.

If you create a new script in WinCCFlexible then there is some very useful help placed as comments at the start of the file:

Code:
'NOTE: To start scripting please press <Ctrl><Space> and see the wide variety of functions.
'Write scripts by using system functions or the WinCC flexible object model. You can easily access to the
'system through the HMI runtime object. For a convenient picking of an object reference
'you can press <Alt><Right Arrow>. Design complex scripts by employing the basic features
'of the programming language VBScript and access tags directly by name e.g. tag = 5.

Then you can start to play with scripts.

Code:
Dim strTemp

strTemp = SmartTags("UserName")

If strTemp ="Optima" Then
	SmartTags("bOptima") = True
Else
	SmartTags("bOptima") = False
End If

'Set Initialised
SmartTags("bInitialised")= True

Happy scripting,

Nick