siemens MP277 create textfile with a script

italo2008

hi everybody

I'm trying to create a Textfile in a USB pendrive connected to SIEMENS MP277, using a script in winCCflexible 2008.

In the winCC user manual, I found this code:

Code:
  Dim fso, MyFile
  Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
  Set MyFile = fso.CreateTextFile("\Storage Card USB\testfile.txt", True)
  MyFile.WriteLine("This is a test.")
  MyFile.Close

This is exactly the code I found in the user manual, I've only changed the file path, using the one I see in the control panel of the MP277 when I open the USB key in Filemanager.

Can someone explain me why I don't find any file in the USB key after pressing the button the script is associated to?

Your code lacks several steps.
Here is an example:
Code:
Dim f, fs, filename

Set f= CreateObject("filectl.file")
Set fs = CreateObject("filectl.filesystem")

filename="storage card2\logvalues.csv"

If fs.dir(filename) = "" Then 
    f.open filename, 2
    f.LinePrint "Start of new file."
    f.Close
End If

f.open filename, 8
    f.LinePrint "append to existing file."
f.Close
Notice that the storage location (here "storage card 2") may vary depending on which panel type and what slot.

debug

Add this before you MyFile line:

If Err.Number <> 0 Then
ShowSystemAlarm "Error #" & CStr(Err.Number) & " " & Err.Description
Err.Clear
Exit Sub
End If

And, add an alarmview, check the system messages on, then you can see why the file wasn't created.

Kind regards,
Combo

hi everybody

I'm trying to create a Textfile in a USB pendrive connected to SIEMENS MP277, using a script in winCCflexible 2008.

In the winCC user manual, I found this code:

Code:
  Dim fso, MyFile
  Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
  Set MyFile = fso.CreateTextFile("\Storage Card USB\testfile.txt", True)
  MyFile.WriteLine("This is a test.")
  MyFile.Close

This is exactly the code I found in the user manual, I've only changed the file path, using the one I see in the control panel of the MP277 when I open the USB key in Filemanager.

Can someone explain me why I don't find any file in the USB key after pressing the button the script is associated to?

Add this before you MyFile line:

If Err.Number <> 0 Then
ShowSystemAlarm "Error #" & CStr(Err.Number) & " " & Err.Description
Err.Clear
Exit Sub
End If
Very good idea.

But you forgot that he has to add this line just after the "dim" line:
ON ERROR RESUME NEXT

otherwise, the script terminates and never gets to the debug code.