Siemens MP277 recipe exporting in USB memory using script

italo2008

Hi all

I have some problems in exporting recipes data set on a USB memory stick in CSV format(Siemens MP277).

The goal is backup the recipe files in a USB memory

Recipe data are stored in the flash memory of the MP (but i tried also with an external memory).I've 5 recipe file in my project, with 32 datasets each. I need to find 5 folders, with 32 CSV files each after the backup procedure.I've created a script, and in this script there's a for-next cycle in which I export the current dataset:

Code:
For index=1 To 32

ActualDatasetExportingUSB=index
 StateExportProductionRecipe=0
 StateExportFillingGains=0

ExportDataRecords "Production recipe",index,"\Storage Card USB\ExportedRecipes\Production Recipe\dataset " & CStr(index) & ".CSV",hmiOverwriteAlways,hmiOff,StateExportProductionRecipe
 Do    
 Loop While StateExportProductionRecipe <>4 And StateExportProductionRecipe <> 12
 If StateExportProductionRecipe =12 Then
  Exit For
 End If

ExportDataRecords "Filling Gains",index,"\Storage Card USB\ExportedRecipes\Filling Gains\dataset " & CStr(index) & ".CSV",hmiOverwriteAlways,hmiOff,StateExportFillingGains
 Do    
 Loop While StateExportFillingGains <>4 And StateExportFillingGains <> 12
 If StateExportFillingGains =12 Then
  Exit For
 End If 
... (and so on, for each recipe file)

next

This code works, but very very often it happens that the system function ExportDataRecords return 12 (error).

Is there a limit of memory which can give such a problem? Should the usb memory be formatted in particular way? Till some time ago I had only 3 recipe files and the code worked better (I had had this problem but very rarely). Now with more recipe data the code WORKS very rarely.... :mad:
I tried to use USB memory for storing recipes (and not flash memory) but nothing change. I've seen that the total dimension of the recipe files (NOT the backup) is about 64 Kb (i saw it when i stored recipe in USB memory....)

Does anyone have some experience on this?

What if you do the export with a button and avoid scripting altogether ?
If you set the recipe number to 0, then all the recipes should be exported, and you dont need to do any looping.