EZMarquee Communication Help!

Nan

Hi everyone!

I am having problem to sent message to EZMarquee(LED Display). I have already set up the profibus connection to EZmarquee(b4 bytes output). But when I tried to use DPWR_DAT to send the string to the outputs, it did not go though, see picture. Can anyone help? Thank you very much!

Capture.PNG

From DPWR_DAT help:
Use the RECORD parameter to define the source range of the data to be written:

• The source range has to be at least as long as the outputs of the selected module. Only the outputs are transferred, the other bytes are not considered. If the source range at parameter RECORD is longer than the outputs of the configured module, only the data up to the maximum length of the outputs is transferred. If the source range at parameter RECORD is shorter than the outputs of the configured module, the error code 80B1 is output.
-32591 dec = 80B1 hex

Thank you very much for your response! But I configured 64 bytes outputs.. see picture... but when I put the number of bytes in RECORD more than 4, then 80b1 will appear.... I do not know why....

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

Try converting your string to array of chars using strg_to_char function and then use this array as RECORD input.
I just read that string type is not supported by DPWR_DAT block. Most likely this is causing the problem.

Define variable of type Array[0..63] of Char and copy your string to this new array with blkmove.
Then use this variable as input for DPWR_DAT

Edit: Image got a bit blurry after upload, i hope you'll figure it out.

Edit:

ZA2iooH.jpg

Last edited:
I think the slave does not support consistent transfer..... in the AB PLC, when I create the slave, the output is generated automatically... just COP instruction to move the string to it.... it is very simple. I know BLKMOVE is equal to COP, but in Siemens, it is only for data transfer between memory area to memory area..... right now I am confuse which instruction I should use...

When you click on slave > outputs what does it say in properties about consistency? Consistent over unit or total length?
If its consistent over total length you don't need dpwr_dat.
You can use BLKMOVE to move data to output with pointer P#Q512.0 byte 64

Last edited:
When you click on slave > outputs what does it say in properties about consistency? Consistent over unit or total length?
If its consistent over total length you don't need dpwr_dat.
You can use BLKMOVE to move data to output with pointer P#Q512.0 byte 64

Thank you for your help. It is saying consistency via unit, but when I use the blkmov, there is still no show on the LED... In the manual, they say use XMT...

Ok I looked at the ezmarquee manual.
XMT block is for ASCII communication.
What you was trying to do so far, set up slave I/O area and use DPRW_DAT/DPRD_DAT blocks, is for DP slaves - in your case profibus dp protocol.
If your display is not profibus capable these blocks will never work.
So first thing is to decide what protocol are you using and then we can move forward.