conversion from old to "newer"

Prayder

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am converting a Micrologix 1100 with a 1762-IF4 and 1762-IQ16 to a controllogix 1756-L71 processor but I was wondering how to figure out what is comparable in controllogix to the 1762-IF4 and the 1756-IQ16

1756-IF8 and 1756-IB16I (if you need sink/source inputs) or 1756-IB16 (if you can use only sinking inputs.

That is actually pretty basic, and available in any catalog.

ok.. so I guess I want to know how you would know that so that I can learn it and not have to ask next time:)

Well, start by Googling 1762-IF4 . See what the specs are on it. Then look for a similar page for the 1756 IO. (Hint, if you took the google link, and found this page you are half way there... Look up at the path on the page, try clicking on "Programmable Controllers", and pick ControlLogix).

ok.. so I guess I want to know how you would know that so that I can learn it and not have to ask next time:)

Look at integrated architecture builder from Rockwell, that will allow you to specify a number of parameters and it will give you all the parts you need plus a price list.

Its pretty good, but can have a bit of a learning curve.