440C-CR30 Faulted (solid RED)

phuz

I know the possibility of these things being bad right out of the box, but I am looking to see if there is a way to force clear a fault. I am trying to flash to v8 F/W and this thing just has a solid red fault light from power up.

The previous 5 I did are now flashed to v8 (two of them gave me trouble, but ended up flashing successfully, finally), but this one is being a pain.

I loaded a v6 CCW program to attempt a download of an empty project, but it just hangs and fails.

I would be very interested to hear if you are successful or not in the fault clearing. Yesterday I had the very same part fail after only about two months of runtime. Now the machine sits down until Rockwell can ship me a new one.

I would be very interested to hear if you are successful or not in the fault clearing. Yesterday I had the very same part fail after only about two months of runtime. Now the machine sits down until Rockwell can ship me a new one.

I tried several things including numerous power cycles, CCW comms, hot-plugging the ENET module on it. But then I tried to cycle power while holding the MEM/ID button and it actually booted without fault. It then showed me the F/W version was 0.002 even though it said 6.002 before. It let me flash to v8.013 finally, but I must admit that I do not see these things having a high rate of reliability, which is pretty ironic for a SAFETY controller.

I am installing 7 of these for a customer over the next month so we will see how they hold up. Because of the arbitrary issues during a simple flash process, and your story, I don't have a warm and fuzzy.