Hmi v scada set rest

thomas260_5

I have a hmi with a selector switch which sets or resets a contact in the plc. I also have SCADA which also has a selector switch which does the same to the same contact. My question is, will this arrangement work?

It depends a lot on the two systems. It certainly can be done, but it depends on the characteristics of the selector switch objects that you are using.
The ideal situation would be a switch that constantly reads the current state of the bit and toggles the state on or off when activated. In the Maple Systems (Weintek) HMI's that I use it is called a toggle switch object. I have one system with five HMI's that all can all access the same set of bits that way.

Hi, its is an allen bradley pv and controllogix plc. The customer wants a remote SCADA (Wonderware Intouch) to be able to monitor and control the same system.The hmi has a maintained selector switch for the contact. I was thinking of using a set reset pbs. Was wondering if the scada e.g reset the contact the hmi would reset its selector switch?

In the HMI side of it, you can select it either way. Use a maintained button, and look for the "State Settings" menu on the general tab of your properties. "Next state based on current state" will make it toggle the bit to whichever state it didn't toggle it to last time. This is obviously not what you want as if Wonderware has changed it in the meantime, it won't change it back. "Next state based on value control" will tell the HMI to check the current value of the tag, and then change it to whatever value it's not already. This is the one you want. You just have to make sure then that you set up a Value connection in the Connections tab.

Wonderware I haven't used a whole lot and can't help you with, but I'd imagine there should be a similar function if you poke around a bit.