PLC input outputs

I am working with an OMRON setup at my work place,and there isn't anyone to guide me as such, so I am trying to interpret my Alan Bradley skill over to the OMRON setup, and I AM LOST!

When we connect sensors onto a PLC, positioning sensor in this case we connect it to one of the input of the PLC, but what happens when we have multiple sensors into consideration, lets say 35 sensors with an OMRON CP1E-N60 D into consideration, do I use a multi-pole connector and tag it to a single input or do I consider different inputs for different sensor outputs.

Cheers,

Gav

Depends what you want to do - normally 35 sensors would go into 35 individual inputs in any PLC or you would not know which one is on. Omron is really easy and there is an office in Melbourne who would help you heaps I am sure.

Thanks Mate!

BobB :geek:, I am already in contact with the engineers from OMRON, they've got an establishment down in Mount Waverly, I actually wanted to opt for their training course down in Melbourne this September end, but its pretty expensive $990 for 2 days of training that's a bit expensive, do you reckon its worth it?

P.S. My company is not willing to pay!

That is cheap! Depends what the course covers - none of these courses ever teach you how to suck eggs! I only ever go to free courses on new technology these days. I cannot comment of the course - I do not do them. I am self taught by the way with a little help from a phone call or two along the way.

I don't know about the "multi-pole connector input combiner", but this is valuable information if you are new to the Omron CP1E;

http://cospa.ru/userfiles/database/itemimages/W461-E1-02_CP1E_Introduction_Manual.pdf

It shows how to wire, connect to and configure the processor, go online, program instructions, document,
edit, compile, debug and save an example CP1E PLC program using CX-Programmer. It even references manuals
you'll need to understand every other Omron component. You can add input and output expansion modules
if you need more, or different type's of I/O.

See here too;
http://industrial.omron.com.br/uploads/arquivos/P061E106.pdf

Thanks for the help guys, makes more sense now, I was kinda shooting in the sky with this one, but thank you, the manuals have made things more clear.

Thanks again.