Dynamic checkoff screens on Siemens HMI

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys. Wondering if any of you have seen something that will simplify a project some people are asking about.

The idea is to create a check list on the HMI and not allow the machine to start until it is complete. This will be for daily maintenance checks.

Simple enough.

BUT...
It needs to be dynamic. They want an image of the detail with a button for each task that needs to be completed. This is a list of tasks specific to the detail not a common list.

Each fixture can have from 1 to 6 details on it and with a total of 20ish toolbars this adds up quickly.

Alot of tedious time consuming programming. Also this is only 1 line. They will eventually want to carry it over to the rest of the plant.

Does anyone know of a better way to do this? Something Dynamic or that can be maintained by someone other then controls?

Currently they want this all done an our MP277s (which I don't think will have enough memory or the resolution to do this) and our TP1200 / 1500s which I think is more manageable to still time consuming.