Contolling Stepper Motor

Lito

Hi friends, I was assigned to do a 15deg step five times each second.
My PLC's fastest timer is 0.01sec timer. Is it possible? How should I do it. I have an available 5000pulse/revolution stepper motor. Please help me.. thanx.... :confused:

Are you a student?

Do the math, 5000 per rev = 208.33333... pulses per 15 deg. Depending on the stepper control you have to put out 208 in 5 seconds. 42 pulses per second. Your timer is good for one tenth of a second.

Two problems, your timer cant do the pulses fast enough, and it wont be exactly 15 deg when your done.

For a better answer indicate the PLC your using..so that we may look at the instruction set, and other specs.

Last edited:
PTO is the best way

if your PLC has a built in PTO (pulses train output) then you can use PTO to generate a pulse train to control your motor to the required position.

just a thought 🍺

Randylud;

Knowledge without wisdom is like a boat on dry land.

think about that....maybe this question is more up to your 'standards'.

Point taken

But, I neither need, nor requested, your comments on my methods in dealing with questions. Keep your personal opinions to yourself my friend. Ponder that one!
Knowledge comes with time and work, and comments like
How should I do it.
indicate a willingness to have someone else do it for you. Our intent here is not to prepare people to do work in this fashion, but to think for themselves and be willing to make mistakes along the way. If you look at the posts, you will see more guidance than discouragement. Join us in this effort, and I promise not to judge your methods!

'How should i do it' sounds to me like a question for advise. With a question like 'Can somebody solve me this problem' i would agree with you. But your last line was 'talking down' on somebody...giving your opion while I only asked you a question. And look for your reaction....how did my question make you feel? Do you like to make other people, like Lito or myself, feel like this. If you do not want to help a 'student'..simple solution...do not reply. Hurting people..i do not think this website is about this. And to end our conversation

But, I neither need, nor requested, your comments on my methods in dealing with questions. Keep your personal opinions to yourself.

kurosawa,

When are you going to learn that the only person whose behavior you can change is yourself? If you find Randy's style of answering questions offensive, you're free to ignore anything he posts. There is room on the forum for a wide variety of styles. Those who have something of value to say tend to continue to post. Those who have little to add, tend to quickly lose interest. Which will you turn out to be?