PLC Assistance requested

Jim Wilks

Hello:

I have an upcoming PLC assignment in a foreign land working on the following PLC:

PLC- Yaskawa Electric, Model - MEMOCON™-sc U84, PG – DIST P190

Has anyone here any knowledge of this item at all?

As well, somewhat off topic for this site, I'm told I will also be working with a:

DCS – Yamatake-Honeywell Co. Ltd., S-M601 A, Model – HSRN-887

As well does anyone have any knowledge/eperience with this as well.

I will pay $$ for serious assistance on this.

Jim

Just by the names of some of the items, I wonder if this is a brand-labeled Modicon. The dedicated programmer for a number of old Modicon models was called the P190, and there are/were several Modicon models with '84' in their names including the Micro 84 which also might be called a u84.

Folks:

Like it has been mentioned, I also think that this PLC is some distant cousin to the Modicon family. But which model is it related to and are there any "customizations" which make it different than the Modicon?

I did previously search and find the thread referenced above. However, nothing they found really helps me with my situation.

Jim

Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, I am reasonably familiar with the Micro84. I have even used a P190 to program it rather than the cumbersome handheld programmer. However, I can't believe that the above equipment is really just a Micro84. I am told that this is quite a large plant with analog I/O, etc. That just doesn't seem to be right fit for a Micro84 system.

Jim

The Micro84 had analog I/O capabilities. Do you think you could get the client to send you some photos of the equipment? That would tell you what model Modicon is behind that Yaskawa disguise. You might also check with any old-timers at your Modicon distributor. If you can find somebody who has been in the business long enough, he might be able to answer some of your questions.

Good point. A picture does tell a thousand words. I'll give this a try. However, they may be still using box cameras where this stuff is!

In the meantime, anyone who recognizes the part numbers and can give some insight is most welcome to jump in here.

Jim

I have been working with u84 for the past 14 yrs
we are using Taylor software running on DOS with
5 1/4" floppy key disks.

Recently we have interfaced one of the PLCs to a
Ethernet based SCADA throgh a RS232 to Ethernet
converter It is working fine
pl. contact me mailto:[email protected]

Jim Wilks said:
Hello:

I have an upcoming PLC assignment in a foreign land working on the following PLC:

PLC- Yaskawa Electric, Model - MEMOCON™-sc U84, PG – DIST P190

Has anyone here any knowledge of this item at all?

As well, somewhat off topic for this site, I'm told I will also be working with a:

DCS – Yamatake-Honeywell Co. Ltd., S-M601 A, Model – HSRN-887

As well does anyone have any knowledge/eperience with this as well.

I will pay $$ for serious assistance on this.

Jim