ABB acs 535

muds

hi all,
i have problem other then PLC,,and hope some can help me,, my ABB inverter ACS510(vfd) work fine on no load or just connecting motor with no load on it,,

on applying rated load to motor inverter work fine unless power intrruption accurs,,on restarting inverter its shows no error but motor do not run,,

i have checked all SMD's and other components and its look fine, can anyone help what kind of fault is it,,

thanks in advance.,,

I assume the start command is via terminals (i.e. start pushbutton or relay contact). Some drives can be configured for these inputs to be triggered on level (i.e. if it's on, the drive runs) or transition (input must go from off to on for the drive to run). I don't know the ABB drives at all though so this might be a shot in the dark.

You can test this easily by removing the run signal and reapplying. If the drive then starts then that's the issue.

If it is indeed a safety interlock done via terminals, then you can easily check to see if you have control voltage on the safety input. If not, reset the safety interlock as jraef said

Not directly familiar with the ACS535 but, generally, ABB provides a selection of start configurations including one which will not start on powerup with recycling the start signal. This is often the default configuration so you will need to go to the Start/Stop Group (this used to be Group 21 but may be different on the newest models) and select the mode that gives you the restart you want. You do have an Instruction Manual, don't you? If not, it can be downloaded from ABB's website.