ABB ACS 600 parameters missing

Homer_Simpson

We purchased a used Radwell ACS 600 "ACS601-0011-4-000B1200801" hoping we could just upload/download parameters from an identical drive or at worst page through are manually enter parameters.

The issue is the new drive seems to be missing or hiding parameters that should be there. For example "33" should show the software version and drive info but scrolling through it just goes from 32 to 34.

There are also 2 User Macros loaded in it and I can't seem to load or restore the Factory Macros.

What am I missing? How do I reset this thing to factory settings?

Thanks

Chapter 5 of the device manual...

Application Macros Application Macros are preprogrammed parameter sets. Using the
Application Macros enables a quick and easy start-up of the ACS 600.
Application Macros minimise the number of different parameters to be
set during start-up. All parameters have factory-set default values. The
Factory Macro is the factory-set default macro.
While starting up the ACS 600, you can select one of the standard
macros as the default for your ACS 600 (see Parameter 99.02
APPLICATION MACRO):
• Factory
• Hand/Auto Ctrl
• PID Control
• Sequential Control
• Torque Control
The Application Macro default values are chosen to represent the
average values in a typical application. Check that the default settings
match your requirements and customise the settings when appropriate.
All inputs and outputs are programmable.

Note: When you change the parameter values of a standard macro, the
new settings become active immediately and stay active even if the
power of the ACS 600 is switched off and on. However, the default
parameter settings (factory settings) of each standard macro are still
available. The default settings are restored when Parameter 99.03
APPLIC RESTORE is changed to YES, or if the macro is changed

Right. I do that I go to 99.03 Applic Restore, change it to YES, hit enter, it waits a while and does it's loading thing, and dumps me back to 99.01. But the(4 actually) Macros remain. (Unwind, Unwind_Name, Wind, Wind_Name)

Am I reading this wrong? Shouldn't everything restore to the following factory macro list? (Factory, Hand/Auto, PID Control, Torque Control, Sequential Control)

and regardless shouldn't group 33 be visible?

Last edited:
The standard macros should be at 99.02, but the loaded macro parameters should all be at factory default after entering YES at 99.03.

Update: I had a 3rd party tech come in to look at it and he confirmed my suspicions that it has custom firmware on it. He knows how to do the 800 series but has currently left to educate himself on the 600 series.