ABB ACS 600 Drive Par 30.25

ABB

I have a question related to ABB ACS-600 Drive used for EMS application (Electro Magnetic Stirrer)
We have a multidrive system connected on common DC bus
One of four drives trips frequently on EXT Fault & EARTH fault
We've checked in field & there's no problem in field cable or the EMS Coil & hence we believe that the this fault is false due to either a component malfunction or may be incorrect parameter setting
Par 30.20 i.e. Earth Fault protection is active
Par 30.25 i.e. unbalance % setting is not accessible so that i can even check whats the setting in this parameter
Question : Can i be helped on this ? How to access parameter 30.25

If you don't believe the fault to be serious change it in 30.20 to only report and not stop the drive.
From the Manual:
The Earth Fault protection detects earth faults in the motor, the motor cable or the inverter. The Earth Fault protection is based on earth leakage current measurement with a summation current transformer at the input of the converter. Depending on the user’s selection, the Earth Fault function stops the drive and gives a fault indication, or the drive continues operation and gives an alarm.

The tripping level of inverter sizes R10i…R12i can be selected by parameter 30.25 EARTH FAULT LEVEL. The parameter defines the unbalance trip level of sum current measured by the NINT board.

A fault function can be selected by selecting FAULT at parameter 30.20 EARTH FAULT. In case of fault, “EARTH FAULT” is indicated and FW_1 (09.01) bit 4 is set to 1. If NO is selected, an alarm “EARTH FAULT” is given and AW_1 (09.04) bit 14 is set to 1.

Last edited:
Check the wiring first and all terminals and screws. Compare to the installation manual of the acs600.

Do you have ABB DriveWindow software? In that case upload parameters from the drive to the PC on all four drives and compare them. It A LOT easier to do see all parameters with the software compared to the OP panel on the drive. That way you can easily check if you have different settings on the drive.

Find out what the external fault is. Typically wired to an input, and comes from another drive, control system, or motor thermostat.

I believe its not coming from PLC as the RUN ENABLE bit from PLC is high even when the drive trips on EXT/EARTH fault

No, run enable is different from external fault. External fault is set up in Group 30, I believe parameter 2 or 3. Run Enable is set up in Group 16 parameter 1. Run enable does not fault the drive-only stops it. External Fault faults the drive which stops it but also needs resetting before restart.

As mentioned before, you need to find out what terminal the external fault is programmed to, and what is connected to the closed loop tied to that terminal