WinCC ADV v13. ChangeConnection with OPC.

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Have anyone tried to use the ChangeConnection system function with an OPC connection ?
According to the help text, it appears the ChangeConnection function only works with MPI or Ethernet connections. And then I am guessing it only works with the connection defined via the S7ONLINE access point.
But since the help texts have been found to be wrong in the past, and since this could solve a tricky problem for me, I would like to know if there is a slim chance it may work anyway.

Oh, what also complicates the matter, is that I do not want to change the OPC Server, but the connection defined in the OPC Server (aka "OPC Topic").

I doubt that it is possible, but it doesnt hurt to ask, and hope .....