How to run WinCC Adv project with Allen Bradley DF1 by WinCC RT?

bigplik

Hi,
I appreciate any help to make connection between AB DF1 Micrologix 1200 and WinCC Adv project (PC station - not HMI) possible.
For now I can make project to run by WinCC RT (let say at windows start), but it is written in WinCC Professional, where is possible to save whole project to run it after by WinCC RT. However there is no driver for connection with Allen Bradley DF1 (which is my micrologix 1200 - there is no ETH port, only serial).
If I use WinCC Advanced to make project for PC station (not HMI), then I can find driver for serial connection with DF1 there, but don't know how to save a project in the way like WinCC Professional, to run that project after by WinCC RT.
so for now I am looking for 2 solutions:
1) is any way to put DF1 serial driver to WinCC Professional?
2) how to save WinCC Advanced project to make possible to run it after by WinCC RT (runtime).

any suggestions?

1) is any way to put DF1 serial driver to WinCC Professional?
I dont have experience with WinCC Professional, but I am pretty certain that WinCC Professional can be OPC DA Client for RSLinx as OPC DA Server.

1)2) how to save WinCC Advanced project to make possible to run it after by WinCC RT (runtime).
Connect the target PC and configuration PC in the same LAN.
On the target PC, start the WinCC RT Loader program.
On the configuration PC, start a transfer by Ethernet.

There is no ETH port on my PLC,
it is Micrologix1200, only serial available.

@JesperMP do you know any AllenBradley alternative for WinCC Runtime?
I mean to make some sort of simple scada screen to make it run
on PC, and connect it with DF1 (micrologix1200)from AB?

Your configuration PC and the target PC have ethernet, even if the connection to the PLC is serial.
To test the WinCC Adv RT on the configuration PC, in TIA just hit the 'Start Runtime' button.

WinCC Advanced is perfectly OK as a SCADA Lite. It has an integrated DF1 driver as you have already found out.
WinCC Professional is definitely overkill for a project with an AB ML1200.

there is only one PC,
I want to start PC (remote) and then by WinCC Advanced run my PC station project during start up.

This project has to connect to AB ML1200 over serial port,
as there is no other port on my AB ML1200, there is also no
2nd PC.
8a86ngeq6r

So WinCC Advanced programming software is on the same PC that is to be the operating PC.
In that case:
Start the transfer as described above.
Just specify the PCs own IP address.