micrologix software

francisedetz

Good day everyone,

I do really need your help here and I wish someone can come to my aid ASAP,
My company just bought a new PLC for a proposed new section of operation. As it turns out it is Allen Bradley MicroLogix 1400. I thought I could RSLogix 500 or 5000 to run it, but the CPU type is not on the list (it's CPU 1766).

Please, can anyone link me up where I can get a free software to download, or even a trial version I can use and maybe purchase later? I really need this please.

Thanks!
Francis

No such thing as “free software” for a MicroLogix 1400. There is free software for the MicroLogix 1100 so you might want to consider changing over assuming that the 1100 will do what you need. Having said that RSLogix500 is the correct software for the MicroLogix1400 but you need the correct version. If the software you have pre-dates the MicroLogix 1400’s then it won’t show up. Sometimes you can upgrade but if it’s too old an update might not work. I’d call your local AB distributor and see what they can do for you. You can get temporary licenses but I’m not sure they have them for RSLogix500. Also keep in mind that you’re going to need RSLinx as well but if all you’re doing is programming RSLinx Lite should work and that can be had for free.

Actually there is free software for the ML1400, its the utility that allows you to connect and upload data stored in the Data Log - hence the name "DataLog Extractor". The ML1400 Data Logging is a very useful feature. (But not so helpful for programming).

Thanks a great deal.
The Rs-500 that I am using is Version 7.0, perhaps it needs an update. And yes I do have RsLinx, since I will have to program the PLC eventually.
So, is it possible to do the Version update on my own? If so, how?

Francis.

Here in colombia if you promise to buy a new license they can give you a temporal license for 1 month, that's going to be enough for you before you buy the real one. Try with you AB representatives in your country.

These are both for the Micrologix PLC's.
Starter is around $140.00 and developer is around $500.00

9324-RLM0100ENE RSLogix Micro Starter software 9324-RLM0800ENE RSLogix Micro Developer software

RSLogix 500 will be going away in a few years, so if you don't need it for SLC500's, I would not spend the money on it.