Slave not energizing outputs D4_ebc and erm automation direct

gr8benwa

Can someone explain to me why the outputs on my remote slave base will not energize. I set up my remote i.o. base using erm workbench and netedit from the automation direct software. The master and slave see each other and have been configured according to software . I have used the live update function to update the firmware and bootloader. I have connected field devices such as pushbuttons and indicator lights to the slave. If I press a pushbutton connected to the slave, the input can be seen going TRUE in the ladder. This tells me that my addressing is working and that the erm and ebc are talking. The only problem that I am having is that the outputs will not energize on the slave. If that same pushbutton (wired to a slave input) is suppose to energize an indicator light (wired to a slave output), the ladder logic shows the coil to be TRUE, however, the physical discreet slave output does not energize. Ive tried with 120vac output cards and 24vdc output cards on the slave. 120vac and 24vdc input cards on the slave do respond. Please help explain what might be the problem. Everthing on the master side is functioning properly. My machine needs to be in production in 4 days. I have all the field connections terminated and the logic programmed, however the slave side of operations is a brick without the outputs firing. help?

also wanted to add that I am using brand new input and output cards. new ebc and new erm. The only piece of the slave that is from a previous project is the backplane. Also I have the dipswitches set to 0 but that is because i am using ethernet i.p. with the software assigning module numbers to the erm and ebc. I am using a stride 5 port switch as a hub.

Sorry that is a H4-ebc with a h4-erm 100 and I am using the dl405 with a 440cpu . Direct soft 5 software.

Last edited: