How To Work Out CRC Number In HW Config

hein123

I am trying to work out how to calculate the CRC number of safety cards in the HW config.

This is inside the GSD file of a Lenze 8400 drive:

<VirtualSubmoduleItem ID="IDS_SUBMODULE_M84" SubmoduleIdentNumber="0x000001B4" PROFIsafeSupported="true">
<IOData IOPS_Length="1" IOCS_Length="1" F_IO_StructureDescCRC="47899">
<Input Consistency="All items consistency">
<DataItem DataType="Integer16" UseAsBits="true" TextId="safety_Int_input1"/>
<DataItem DataType="Integer16" UseAsBits="true" TextId="safety_Int_input2"/>
<DataItem DataType="F_MessageTrailer4Byte" TextId="IDT_DATAITEM_Safety"/>
</Input>
<Output Consistency="All items consistency">
<DataItem DataType="Integer16" UseAsBits="true" TextId="safety_Int_output1"/>
<DataItem DataType="Integer16" UseAsBits="true" TextId="safety_Int_output2"/>
<DataItem DataType="F_MessageTrailer4Byte" TextId="IDT_DATAITEM_Safety"/>
</Output>
</IOData>
<RecordDataList>
<F_ParameterRecordDataItem Index="1" F_ParamDescCRC="26811">
<F_Check_iPar DefaultValue="NoCheck" AllowedValues="Check NoCheck" Changeable="true" Visible="true"/>
<F_SIL DefaultValue="SIL3" AllowedValues="SIL2 SIL3" Changeable="true" Visible="true"/>
<F_CRC_Length DefaultValue="3-Byte-CRC" AllowedValues="3-Byte-CRC"/>
<F_Block_ID DefaultValue="0"/>
<F_Par_Version DefaultValue="1" AllowedValues="1" Changeable="false" Visible="true"/>
<F_Source_Add AllowedValues="1..65534"/>
<F_Dest_Add AllowedValues="1..65534"/>
<F_WD_Time DefaultValue="1500" AllowedValues="1..10000"/>
<F_Par_CRC DefaultValue="7533"/>
</F_ParameterRecordDataItem>
</RecordDataList>
<ModuleInfo CategoryRef="Safety Module">
<Name TextId="IDT_MODULE84_NAME"/>
<InfoText TextId="IDT_MODULE84_INFO"/>
</ModuleInfo>
</VirtualSubmoduleItem>

Now would some of these values be used to work it out?
I just need some general guidelines or where I can read about it as of yet I can't find anything.

Thanks

Are you talking about the Profisafe destination address?

I'm not sure if there is anything special for that specific drive, but it shouldn't be something you have to reverse engineer or calculate. It is something you specify in the HW Config settings, and then you configure the end device (drive, in this case) to match. Some devices have DIP switches for this, others have it as a configurable setting/parameter.

The Profisafe Source address should match whatever is configured in the Safety settings of the PLC. I think the default is 2000.

See the attachment what I actually need.

What I want to do is create a script to generate extra devices when needed, because if I need to add 10 drives it is time consuming.
With a script I only need a name with location and IO addresses that I can import.

I am pretty sure this can be done but I can find no information how to work out the CRC number.
Else this has to be left out and just added later.

CRC.jpg

my guess is that the CRC is calculated by S7 based on the other parameters. Just a guess, though, I have no idea how it is calculated. There are many different CRC calculation formulas, and who knows how the data is added up in the background to be fed into whichever formula was chosen.