RS 5000 fatal error

debeuu2

Lifetime Supporting Member
This is whats happnening:
1) 5000 ( any version ) launches with no problem.
2) I can open any project off-line no problem.
3) when I attempt to go online or upload,,, I get fatal error
( Error-0xc01500f ) produces a report to my dmp file and shuts me down.
4) This has been creeping up on me for the last six months, and has came and gone. But now, it appears it is here to stay.
5) I must add, my computer operating system is windows 8 ( thumbs down) But I have always seemed to run the individual versions in compatibility mode ( windows 7). Rockwell tech support hangs up on me as soon as they here windows 8.

Please help.. Plant down.

tsmith 35,
Do you know if this will delete my application programs ( rs5000, others, etc)
I think you are on to something with this. With each windows 8 upgrade, my problem grew worse.

debeuu2, I suspect that RSLinx is the culprit in this case, since the error doesn't occur until you attempt comms with the PLC. I believe that System Restore will let you know what will be affected, and it is reversible by restoring to the newest recovery point (usually).

You may also have success by going to Programs & Features in control panel and performing a repair on RSLinx. Perhaps some critical files were overwritten by W8 updates...

I've been experimenting with L5K on Windows 10. Fun!

because the software and programs seem valid when you are offline:

my first instinct tells me physical connection issue. check all cables and connections down to the pins in the connectors...

second instinct is communication issue, are all adressing, rate, protocol etc. variables in agreement from the project to the pc to the PLC to the PLC program and settings....

3rd instinct is somekind of project conflict between the project and the PLC program...tagname typo, variable out of range...

depending on what the system is doing when the exception is thrown, and what component throws it, you may be able to narrow it down, Is there any text going along with the fault code?

What version of RSLogix 5000?

RSLogix 5000, up to v20.04, is not officially supported in Windows 8. So no, they will unfortunately not support you.

Are you running the executable (RS5000.exe) as administrator?

If not, then go to (example for v20)...

32-bit OS: C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\ENU\v20\Bin\

64-bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\ENU\v20\Bin\

Find the RS5000.exe file and right-click it. Set it to Run as administrator.

Try that and see if it helps?

Regards,
George

debeuu2,

If you haven't installed any recent programs, no.
When you choose a restore point, you get the pc back to that point in time, any programs installed after that point will most likely need to be re-installed.

james

Thanks to everyone in the string. I finally got AB tech support to help me out. Error-0xc01500f is corrected with a patch for RSLinx 3.6, or upgrading RSLinx to 3.7. I upgraded to 3.7 and the problem went away.
Thanks Again to all.