contrologix coms issue

stu

Hi
I have a machine which has a contrologix L32E and 4 Avent Rio units and when I plug my laptop in it will not go online , error is can not connect all devices in use (I think?) I have used explorer and typed the ip address in and looked at the cip and it looks like I'm using 5 off 5 connections how can I change this? Thanks stu

Hi
I connected to the plc today and got the error , has any of the guys had this before .thanks stu

20151020_113459.jpg

You probably have all the CIP connections used up. Confirm this by entering the IP address of the PLC in a web brower. It will tske you to thendiagnostics page, look for the CIP connection usage. The only way to get online will be to disconnect something.

Thanks yeah I did disconnect but not good when the machine is running , trying to find a way around it , I have attached the cip reading thanks for your time stu

20151020_113810.jpg

Can't see it too well, but doesn't it say that the CIP connection limit is 32 and that current connections is in the single digit range (really hard o make out).

You can put this into google and get some more info:

error 701-8004250a

Hard to tell if any of the links can help you out.

I had this same error a few months ago.
Turned out to be the communication from the Compactlogix L32E to a wireless radio (Ethernet connected) caused the issue.
I temporally disconnected the radio and could go online with the PLC. So check all your ethernet connected devices.

And I had the same error message with a 1756-L73 and 1756-EN2T a few months ago.

In my case the culprit was the HMI, which had an un-optimized communication driver that would open up dozens of CIP connections. The "active connections" was generally pegged at some point above 120 (of the 128 available).

And I had the same error message with a 1756-L73 and 1756-EN2T a few months ago.

In my case the culprit was the HMI, which had an un-optimized communication driver that would open up dozens of CIP connections. The "active connections" was generally pegged at some point above 120 (of the 128 available).

If you have a progressively designed program, and its MAIN task is PERIODIC, you can use the Logix5000TaskMonitor tool to look at comm. load, in 'microseconds per second' units.

Like one of the other responders, I had a funky problem trying to get online to a -L73 recently, and it turned out to be a misbehaving OPC driver in an un-named HMI package. Rebooting the OPC server PC allowed access to the PLC in a timely fashion.

701-8004250A error

I have a CompactLogix L16ER w a Panelview 600 in a trainer I'm trying to get up and running. When trying to UPLOAD from Studio 5000 I get the Error: 701-8004250A. Have called Rockwell 3 times. 1st time I was told they have a software issue that should be corrected in the next release (that really helps me now!). 2nd time I was told to change the Microsoft .NET framework version from 4.6 back to 4.5 (no good). 3rd time I was put on hold....had to hang up after long, long wait. Let me say the Rockwell people were very nice. I'm just not getting anywhere.
BTW, the Panelview is displaying:
invalid display number
problem writing value " to item' ::[PLC]program:mainprog*

Is the Panelview using up connections?
Frustrated!

If you have a progressively designed program, and its MAIN task is PERIODIC, you can use the Logix5000TaskMonitor tool to look at comm. load, in 'microseconds per second' units.

Like one of the other responders, I had a funky problem trying to get online to a -L73 recently, and it turned out to be a misbehaving OPC driver in an un-named HMI package. Rebooting the OPC server PC allowed access to the PLC in a timely fashion.

What's a 'progressively designed program?'