Microsoft.net Dependency file issue

debeuu2

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello to all.

You guys have bailed me out so many times, let's try it again.

Please see attached a snip-it of a problem I had today. "Microsoft.net dependency file " .

RS 5000, 1756 controller, .

I support about 100 PLCs, and this " One " individual controller, running a auto paint booth, is the only guy that gives me this problem.

I can see the controller in RSLinx, no problem, but when I go to upload from it, I get the attached message. I don't have a file of the project, and no-one else does either, ( OEM went out of business ).

Any suggestions???

Thanks guys.

error report.PNG

Look in RSLinx / Device Properties to verify what Major Revision firmware is in that controller, which will tell you what version of RSLogix 5000 is trying to open.

That screenshot looks suspiciously Windows 8-like... what OS are you running ?

The .NET dependencies and revisions are described in detail in RA Knowledgebase Article ID 55709 (TechConnect required).

Ken,

You caught me. I am running Windows 8. Don't tell AB. I am running Studio 5000 in Windows 7 compatibility mode. Few quirks, but the nuts and bolts work fine, until I can get a machine put back together with Win 7. Do you know of any tragedies for running in 8 temporarily???

Thanks for the tip. I am visiting the site again next week, ( they are running, just need to do some tweaking) . I will try what you suggest then, and post the results.

Currently, I am not a Tech Connect member, my distributor is getting me pricing now. Do you know aprox how much I can expect that # to be?

Thanks again, and I will let you know how this pans out next week.

Ken,
Sorry it took so long to get back to this.

I did as you suggested, and in looking at the RSLinx device properties, it is trying to load rev. 16.023. I have version 16.04. I assume that will work????? y/n???

I'm still not a TechConnect member yet. Thus I was unable to view Article ID 55709.

Is there anything is there anything else I might be able to try until my membership is active?

Thanks Again,

Hey Ken and all members. Again thanks for the support.

I found a resolution that is working " right now",

I installed Microsoft.net 4.5 framework. And it is working with V13 thru 21, on wins 8.

Again thanks for all help.