Spectrum power cc

theripley

Hi.

I have been "googling" about connecting a Mitsubishi PLC to Siemen's SCADA platform - spectrum power cc. However, there is very limited (to almost zero) reference I can get my hands with. Has anybody have information whether I can connect a Q series Mitsubishi PLC to this SCADA platform?

Thanks a lot.

Here's some details:

1.) Client has a existing SCADA - spectrum power cc integrated by a huge foreign technical team. They requested for some additional control on selected equipment - like scheduling of ON/OFF operation. However, the huge foreign technical team takes too long to respond. Usually takes 6 or more months before the project is finished.

2.) Hence, they contacted a local technical team to give them what they need - the equipment scheduling.

3.) We inspected and found out that the selected equipment were linked to the existing SCADA system - siemens through Modbus protocol. I don't do siemens, so I propose to:
a. Disconnect the selected equipment to the existing SCADA.
b. Use a PLC-HMI to control the scheduling.
-------> Insert comment on the above solution<--------------

4.) It end up, client wanted two options:
a. Use Mitsubishi PLC-HMI and isolate the scheduling of the selected equipment.
b. Use Mitsubishi PLC for control but HMI will be on the existing SCADA.

5.) Of course, my life would be easier if I propose a, however, I wanted to provide them both options. So, I contacted someone who does siemens. The siemens guy said he can do it. But, I cannot find any reference on google how it can be done. I am quiet skeptical about this siemes guy because it is the first time that I will be working with him. I am not quiet confident on his commitmment, and I might end up jeopardizing this whole deal.

Again, can I connect Mitsubishi PLC to siemens spectrum power cc system? Please help. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Hi!
I'm a bit late to reply. Probably you've already winded up the project by now. I believe Siemens spectrum power CC is based on Siemens WinCC. Hence what ever it takes in WinCC (which is Siemens main SCADA) to integrate Mitsibushi will be required to be done in Spectrum power CC. This can mean installing an OPC server for Mitsibushi probably.

I would be curious as to how you proposed option a.

Cheers!
Omer

Hi.

We found out that siemens spectrum power cc is a "special scada" intended for power plants. This scada system is usually marketed by siemens to huge power plant contractors only, they do not sell it as they do with wincc. Hence, we never offered option b.

As with option a, it was still not approved until now. We are still waiting for some positive updates about this project. Last time we heard, they are still interested. Maybe it is just a matter of budget.