Siemens Safety, generate DB's... doesn't work

userxyz

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've done someting with safety.
I have a Safety PLC with failsafe remote IO via ET200M.

I made the hardware and configured o1001 and o1002 where needed and deactivated the not necessary channels.

When Compiling the hardware I was expecting that the Safety DB's would be generated automatically, but that isn't the case.

Any ideas what I forget here ?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,
C

Found

Found, damn :)

Protection, add password and then you can checkmark: CPU Contains Safety

Regards,
C

Yes, but is for in the safey check, you can see this in a VAT table. Just add all off the address of the module in a VAT and behold the disco lights.

As he said, this is where the Profisafe data is processed. 1 Byte of inputs ends up taking something like 6 bytes in and 5 bytes out due to all the CRC checks, profisafe addresses, diagnostics, etc. Don't worry about all that extra stuff.

If you right click on the card, there should be an option to do something like "edit symbols". That tells you which IO points are actually relevant.