205 DirectLOGIC PLCs

Badluck

any one know how to do PLC-to-PLC Communications over a network using two 205 DirectLOGIC PLCs. I can't even get the example given to work.

Specify which CPUs and which ports are being used.

Post a good diagrams of your communication wiring.

Zip and the code in both PLCs.

Include screen captures of any setup windows for the ports being used.

Exactly which example are you following? Please note the source of this example.

Last edited:
I realize that I didn't directly answer your question.

Yes I do know how to do PLC-to-PLC Communications over a network using two 205 DirectLOGIC PLCs.

network

250 CPU's slots 1 in both have the ECOM's. with my total ignorance of communications between these units. My attempt did not work. I tried to use the sample from https://www.automationdirect.com/static/manuals/hxecomm/ch4.pdf to learn something. All I hear is a relay chatter. this system used a host computer before. the 95 host died. others had their hands on it first. erased every thing and now I have nothing to work with.

Light Bar2.jpg Sample.jpg

It is difficult to tell very much from your system diagram. At least it should document the IP settings for the two ECOM modules.

The example ladder program you provide reads information from the remote PLC. Is that what you want to do?

It sounds like you have a lot of learning ahead of you. Good luck.

Give AutomationDirect.com's free Technical Support department a call at 1(800) 633-0405. They can get you communicating in no time.