ML-1500 online edits

Narlin

Lifetime Supporting Member
A couple of days ago I needed to make a quick online edit to a Micrologix 1500. "Start Online Edits" was greyed out and further, when I checked properties on the various ladder files, the "Allow Online Edits" check box was missing. There were over 150 setpoints in this program and downloading a fresh version overwrote them (argh!).

Is is possible that the 1500 doesn't allow online edits? This was FRN C which does allow the SCP instruction and most everything I know about?

Hi

Sorry to tell you but the 1200 or 1500 do not allow online edits.
You should have saved online first and this would have uploaded the valves as there were at that time and saved them into the offline file,
Now remember if someone changes a value before you downloaded you would override that valve but better than the 150

Donnchadh

thank you. That makes me feel a bit less klutzy. Do you know if the Memory Protection check box works on the 1500? It seemed to me that memory got overwritten that I asked to be protected - although I am not sure of that statement.

Thanks Mickey. I didn't meet the condition of bullet 2.

"The program being downloaded has the same number of protected
data files as the program currently in the controller."

...but it will next time.