TSX37 serial communication

antoine

Hello,

I am setting up a serial link between a TELEMECANIQUE (SCHNEIDER) TSX 37-22 and a PC.
I have a hard time with the PRINT_CHAR function and the help doesn't help (!). Does anyone of you have experience with this function ?
Any comment about the character mode communication on these machines are welcome.

Have a nice day...
Antoine.

What type of communication are you trying to create?

The Print_Char command would typically only be used to output an ASCII character string to a "dumb terminal", printer, or some other type of non-intelligent device.

Usually it is easier to write code (i.e. Visual basic) or to use a packaged HMI application in the computer.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for replying. Here is a bit more about what I am aiming to do:
The idea is to create a cheap and easy data logger for use on standalone PLC (without SCADA or HMI).
The PLC would be connecter to a PC using a standard terminal (Hilgraeve Hyperterminal) ans collect ASCII character strings. Integers are transmitted with a 5 digits format, bool one digit, plus a separator (#). So everything can easyly be opened by Excel for curves drawing.
This is mostly for home applications and using customer's computer without needing additionnal software or licenses.

I am using an RS485-RS232 converter, the hardware seems to be OK.
However I am a bit surprized by the trafic on the AUX port of the PLC, I suspect it is on the same network than the console port.
This may require some software filtering, no problem with that.

So, back to that PRINT_CHAR function, I am using adress "0.0.1.SYS" to daress the AUX port of my TSX37-22; my data are in a table ; the control words are %MW120 to %MW123. I tryed several combinations without succes. If you already used this function, how did you configure it?

I hope this helps focusing down the question.

Antoine.

Just in case anybody is interested in the solution:
Pins 5 and 7 of the connector have to be connected together to switch to character mode communication....
Stupid myself !