FactoryTalk SE and Page Up/Down Buttons

shutout31

I am trying to have multiple control List Selectors actuated/Functioned from one up and one down button to cycle scrolling. The output function of the Control List is only used on one however we are using multiple lists only for formatting purposes. I need to be able to point to each control list and send the function. Any suggestions either with XML or VBA?

There are several issues you have to solve:

a) Move Up and Move Down buttons only have effect over the object with focus or a linked object.
b) ControlListSelector object doesn't expose its methods to VBA. So there are no MoveUp or MoveDown methods.
c) You can select Type Info Extension on ExposeToVBA property and try to reach the ControlListSelector through Application.ActiveDisplay.Elements. But again it's a dead end.
d) The best approach is using SetElementFocus and SendKeys. Suppose you have two buttons and two ControListSelectors:

Code:
Private Sub btnUp_Released()[INDENT] Application.ActiveDisplay.SetElementFocus (FirstControlListname_here)
SendKeys "{Up}"
Application.ActiveDisplay.SetElementFocus (FirstControlListname_here)
SendKeys "{Up}"
[/INDENT]End Sub

Private Sub btnDown_Released()[INDENT] Application.ActiveDisplay.SetElementFocus (SecondControlListname_here)
SendKeys "{Down}"
Application.ActiveDisplay.SetElementFocus (SecondControlListname_here)
SendKeys "{Down}"
[/INDENT]End Sub
Of course, this code works if both ControlList objects are pointing to the same item.