Rs View(6.4 ) Problem with Communction

I am trying to learn how to set up communications between a Micro Logixs 1000 processor and RSView32 Works development program. My System Channel and Node appear to be working (Channel is DH-485 with DF1 communication driver and the node found the station and PLC). I created a couple buttons and created tags that match locations in the PLC I:0/0 . But when I toggle the button in the RSView32, the state doesn't change in the PLC and I get the error "Write to tag (tagname) has failed: The value of tag (tagname) is in error." I have no idea why it's in error or what to do to change it. Any thoughts?

Try using internal addresses for your HMI indicators and especially controls.

If you try to change the state of I:0/0, the real world input point is going to overwrite it immediately as long as the CPU is in RUN mode. It is possible to read those real I/O points with the HMI or SCADA software in most cases, but writing to them is a bad practice and sometimes not even permitted by the software.

Use addresses like B3:0/0 (boolean) or N7:0 (integer).

Last edited: