Industrial PC and FTVIEW problem

PLCjunior2910

Hello all, please help

I have a plc program running on emulate and an ftview ME application. I created a runtime and put it on the industrial PLC
The problem is when I simulate nothing change on the industrial PC but if I open the application on vm it will work just fine.

Please help me find the problem
Thank you:unsure::unsure::unsure:

The problem is when I simulate nothing change on the industrial PC

This usually means some kind of communications problem. Check the ethernet cable and the industrial PC ethernet port setup (ip address etc)

Hello thanks for the reply, I did check them and the IP address too nothing seemed off I can ping to it too but if I simulate my PLC nothing happen

What emulator are you using: RSEmulate 5/500 or Emulate 5000 ?

In general, the Emulator drivers run only on a local PC: FTView and the Emulator have to be on the same Windows OS computer.

The Emulator cannot communicate directly over TCP/IP with external I/O, HMI, or PLC messaging peers.

Hello Ken, thanks for the reply
I am using studio 5000 logix emulate.
I thought if I add the industrial pc to communication setup on factorytalk view studio and add a controller to emulator and simulate it will work.
Will this work using an other rockwell software?

You can talk to real controllers or SoftLogix controllers over an Ethernet network from FactoryTalk View.

Or you can use RSLinx Classic Gateway to connect between an Ethernet driver and the Emulate/Virtual Backplane driver.

But in general, when you want to connnect an HMI to the Emulator, they need to be on the same PC so that the HMI can directly use the RSLinx virtual backplane driver.