Remote Access Solutions for Industrial Devices

Both of those seem like good VPN solutions for ethernet devices but I don't see any provisions for serial or USB. Though maybe serial/USB device servers can be plugged into them.

Can you confirm that Secomea routers allow you to actually program devices across the internet? Because the datasheet doesn't come right out and say that it's possible, and certain wording makes me suspect this is only intended for data collection. Also do you have any ballpark idea what the subscription cost is per unit?

Yes I program plc's vsds io link masters hmi etc. Havent found a device yet that I cant program remotely.
Also nice feature is to have a layer2 option which is crucial when searching for devices on a siemens platform (TIA Portal)
You get hardware models (Sitemanagers) that we use in our cabinets.
There is also software models which you can load on a pc and connect to your devices via the software model

On VPN remote access and programming. Have you looked at an e.w.o.n. Flexy? It is a base unit to which you can add up to 4 expansion cards. They have USB and Serial expansion cards available. I know that on the smaller Cosy devices they have USB pass through for usb device, this is from one of their support enquires:
The connected device will show up as a connected device in ecatcher and once connected will show up as a local usb device
ecatcher is the software that you run on a Windows computer, I am guessing that the same USB pass through would apply to the Flexy.

I would add a link, but the plcs.net will replace e.w.o.n. with **** which makes the link useless, so web search for e.w.o.n. without the '.'s and Flexy.

On VPN remote access and programming. Have you looked at an e.w.o.n. Flexy?

No I haven't! That's awesome!

I mentioned e w o n in my first post and I thought I knew what there was to know about it: the Cosy VPN for ethernet devices. Somehow I never discovered the Flexy. Initially I don't see any reason why Flexy isn't the perfect solution. I will dig deeper. Thank you for the recommendation.

"The IoT Guys" - what's with those guys, anyway? Is there a "boot camp" they go to, where they learn how to all talk the same? They remind me of "the UX guys" and "The Alternative Energy Guys." Talk for an hour without saying anything, or at least saying everything except what their tech actually can and can't do, but imply that literally anything is possible. They change the names of things to make them sound like new innovations while driving off folks like me who would have otherwise been more engaged by association with things already familiar. Their websites and presentations seem to all come from the same source of noninformation, just a bunch of sleek minimalist graphics with obligatory cumulus cloud icon and reimagined 1995 server database icon pasted into each and every slide.
I was laughing so hard I spit out my coffee when I read this. Soooo true.

Both of those seem like good VPN solutions for ethernet devices but I don't see any provisions for serial or USB. Though maybe serial/USB device servers can be plugged into them.

The StrideLinx does not have any provisions for USB or Serial. Its just a 4-port router.

FWIW It's made by ****, you can buy direct from them or AD or Beijer, but be forewarned that you cannot cross the device platforms so choose your vendor wisely upfront.

The StrideLinx does not have any provisions for USB or Serial. Its just a 4-port router.

FWIW It's made by ****, you can buy direct from them or AD or Beijer, but be forewarned that you cannot cross the device platforms so choose your vendor wisely upfront.

What four letter word did you use? Was it e w o n? Why is that word banned anyway? Is it an acronym for something distasteful or is there beef between the forum owner and that brand or???

What four letter word did you use? Was it e w o n? Why is that word banned anyway? Is it an acronym for something distasteful or is there beef between the forum owner and that brand or???

i.x.o.n Unsure why either are banned.