Waterproof Industrial 3.5mm Speaker for use with ThinClient and FTView Alarm&Events

aufisherman

Waterproof Industrial 3.5mm Speaker for use with ThinClient and FTView Alarm&Events

Hello,

Elsewhere at this site the thinclients (Dynics BTMM) are in a control room where a standard set of PC speakers works. We are looking at installing speakers on the plant floor for the thinclients used in an area that is very loud.

Anyone have suggestions on a loud horn/speaker that can be used in this type application? We could mount it to the HMI panel that contains the thin client and then plug the 3.5mm cord into the thin client. The issue I am having is finding a loud one.

It looks like marine PA speakers might be an option or external CB radio speakers.

For example something like the Speco Marine Speaker MH-35

The reason for doing it this way is the ease of implementation. If i can just find a speaker that is loud enough and plugs into the thinclient using 3.5mm it would take me a few minutes to implement. If i end up having to use some kind of industrial buzzer (24v/120v) I will have to do all the programming to look at the Alarms either int he Alarm and Event server or all the PlantPAx blocks to generate the signal to the alarm buzzer.

Thanks,