Panelbuider32 Error 1030

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
This error has happened to me but I cant access the technote from Rockwell posted on this forum over 10 years ago

http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/applications/kb/RAKB.nsf/0/0ea12fc185881b7985256afb006f3e21/$FILE/Gateway%20Download%20-%20Ethernet%20to%20DH%2B%20for%20ControlLogix.doc

Same situation, need to modify a PV550 connected via DH+ to a 1756-DHRIO card on a Softlogix to Contrologix conversion I am doing this weekend. I can upload but the download to PV550 hangs during Verification of Compatibility step.

does anyone have access to the above technote?

ScreenHunter_05 Dec. 05 13.10.jpg

thanks,
Saw that one in my search, but does not address the issue. The tech note was something about a DH+ routing table.

Copy & Paste from the A-B site...

Problem:
Error 1030 - No Commands Received From Operator Terminal

Explanation:

This error can occur during a Data Highway Plus to DF1 pass-thru (PC - Data Highway Plus - SLC 5/04 - DF1 - PanelView) if the PanelView is not set to the default node of 1. Since PanelView is point-to-point only, it serves no purpose to ever change the default DF1 node on the PanelView. However, the software will ALLOW this change if 'USE NETWORKING' is checked in the communications settings in PanelBuilder32. Unfortunately, once you change the node to something other than 1, pass-thru downloads cease working. Often times, the upload functionality will still be working, making it seem like everything is ok.

Resolution:
Change the node number on the PanelView to node 1 (and then remove the check from the 'USE NETWORKING' checkbox). The pass-thru download should then complete normally.
Summary: If the customer changes the default DF1 node assigned to the PanelView (Node 1 by default), pass-thru upload works, but download does not.

Copy & Paste 2

Question

Can I download to a Data Hightway Plus PanelView over Ethernet to 1756-DHRIO?
Answer

Yes. For detailed instructions, see the attached document: "Gateway Download Ethernet to DH+.doc"
Requirements using 1756-ENET card

• PanelBuilder32 software v3.61 or above
  • RSLinx software v2.20.01 Build 107 (SP1) or above
  • PanelView firmware FRN 4.10 or above
  • 1756-ENET card firmware:
    • Series A: running FRN 1.18, or 2.6 or above (does not work with 2.01)
    • Series B: running FRN 2.6 or above (does not work with 2.01)
  • 1756-DHRIO card firmware FRN 2.17 or above
Requirements using 1756-ENBT card

• PanelBuilder32 software v3.80 or above
  • RSLinx software v2.40.01 Build 16 or above
  • PanelView firmware FRN 4.10 or above
  • 1756-ENBT card firmware FRN 1.40 or above
  • 1756-DHRIO card firmware FRN 2.17 or above
Note: Even though you may be able to upload without problems, if the above procedures are not followed thoroughly an Error 1030 can result during the download.
Note: If RSLinx is version 2.51, this does work, however you must use the TCP driver. All other settings remain the same.

Tried the DH+ routing example, but ended up getting Error 2464 on the first step of the download.
Ended up using a PC in the customer's electrical shop that was on the plant network and had a PKTX card used to program plant PLC5s on DH+. They had Rslinx Gateway so I activated the Gateway option and connected via a TCP driver on my Rslinx that connected through Ethernet to the PKTX network , and was able to upload to the PV550 via DH+