S7 Mmc

Spent a lot of time on this problem, even after going through this whole thread and others like it. I decided to record a video after I finally solved it.

https://youtu.be/4-OlCjvLaQw

Hopefully this helps someone.

Well, it looks quite different from all else i have been reading the last few days on this subject, no s7img... software.
Does the fact that that the image reader/writer software weren't employed make it more advisable?

Well, it looks quite different from all else i have been reading the last few days on this subject, no s7img... software.
Does the fact that that the image reader/writer software weren't employed make it more advisable?
I would say this is an alternative to the Windows software / process others have mentioned. It does require some basic knowledge of using / booting linux or mac. Plus you will still need to source the blank MMC cards to create the image.

I found it works for new, old and corrupt Siements brand MMC cards. It does not work for generic brand shop bought MMC cards unfortunately.

Hello to all
I have problem that I hope you can help me with.
I have a Siemens PLC 315-2DP that i tried to update its firmware, but during the online firmware update an error occurred and update process interrupted. Now the CPU system fault LED is blinking and nothing else!
Currently I cannot afford buying a USB Prommer to write a new firmware on its memory card and hopefully return the PLC back to a healthy state by re-updating its firmware.
Now if somebody write its firmware on a 64K MMC and upload its image, he/she has saved me lots of trouble.
Could anybody help me with this matter?
Here is the firmware download page: (preferably version 3.0.3)
https://support.industry.siemens.co...u-315-2dp-(6es7315-2ah14-0ab0)?dti=0&lc=en-WW
Thank you all in advance

Last edited:
Hello to everyone!

I have problem similar to AshkanV's... I'm in possession of S7 313c-2dp which suffer from same condition. If there is someone who want to help recover it, I would appreciate it.
Since I don't have siemens mmc, I'm trying with regular 16mb mmc and 4mb image.
Problem is that I can't write firmware without SIEMENS PG and SIEMENS MMC card.
So, if somebody can make S7img of 4mb card with firmware for my cpu, maybe it can recover.

Thank you JesperMP

But my thinking is.... If there is no firmware in CPU, it can't recognize that no Siemens card is inserted, right? Is that recognition done by hardware,and that is why it is not possible?
Writing firmware is all I need, after that I have no need for mmc.