You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old February 7th, 2018, 02:29 AM   #1
Kaktus33
Poland

Can't establish communication

Hi. I have a PanelView Plus 600 panel and a Honeywell C200 controller. The task is to connect them for joint work. FTView Studio 6.10 software is installed to work with the panel, but RSLinx Enterprise does not define a Honeywell controller. There is RSLinx Classic for which EDS files for Honeywell equipment are installed. It sees and recognizes the controller. But there is no way to put these EDS files in RSLinx Enterprise. Any ideas how to get out of this situation?
Old February 7th, 2018, 04:49 PM   #2
ASF
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

Welcome to the forum!

To use a third-party controller with a Panelview Plus, you need to use the included Kepware OPC server.

You will need to flash the firmware on the HMI, and when you do, select the relevant Kepware drivers to be loaded onto the hardware. Then you'll need to configure the tags in Kepware to be used in FTView Studio.

That's the short version - now that you know what to look for, give it a try and let us know if you need more help!
Old February 8th, 2018, 01:34 AM   #3
Kaktus33
Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASF View Post
Welcome to the forum!

To use a third-party controller with a Panelview Plus, you need to use the included Kepware OPC server.

You will need to flash the firmware on the HMI, and when you do, select the relevant Kepware drivers to be loaded onto the hardware. Then you'll need to configure the tags in Kepware to be used in FTView Studio.

That's the short version - now that you know what to look for, give it a try and let us know if you need more help!
Thanks.
I thought about it, but in the firmware for HMI there are no drivers for the Honeywell C200 controller and Kepware Enterprise also does not contain the necessary drivers. The problem is that this equipment is not supported and how this can be changed is not clear.
Old February 8th, 2018, 11:02 AM   #4
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Honeywell C200 controllers share some hardware with Rockwell Automation ControlLogix because of the joint venture for process control applications more than fifteen years ago. Rockwell called it ProcessLogix, Honeywell called it PlantScape.

I don't know if FactoryTalk View (and thus the PanelView Plus 600) will work with any of the Honeywell operating system objects.

I recommend researching support in the C200 controller for Modbus/TCP protocol support. The PV+600 does support Modbus/TCP via the Kepware driver suite.
Old February 9th, 2018, 01:31 AM   #5
Kaktus33
Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Roach View Post
Honeywell C200 controllers share some hardware with Rockwell Automation ControlLogix because of the joint venture for process control applications more than fifteen years ago. Rockwell called it ProcessLogix, Honeywell called it PlantScape.

I don't know if FactoryTalk View (and thus the PanelView Plus 600) will work with any of the Honeywell operating system objects.

I recommend researching support in the C200 controller for Modbus/TCP protocol support. The PV+600 does support Modbus/TCP via the Kepware driver suite.
Thanks, I'll try to work in this direction.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum