GE Fanuc 90/30 programming cable

I think your problem is the character string "NEW" in the SNP ID field. Valid SNP IDs are limited to hex characters (0 - 9, A - F), so "NEW" is not a valid SNP ID. You're using a point-to-point connection, so you should be able to leave the ID blank.

I do believe I've got it!!!!

Steve...I believe I found the problem. It just don't like your addressing {curious darn thang!!} Every thing seems to work if I change the I/O starting addresses to %I0001 and %Q0001 respectivly. Whew!!! Let the games begin. Thanks a lot for all your help and I'll be bothering you again later.:ROFLMAO:

Thanks and later...Todd

Presumably, you were also able to set the simulations to use those same starting addresses and save the settings.

Please keep me posted on your experiences with the simulations. I haven't had much feedback so far, so if there are places where I could improve the documentation, don't be shy about letting me know. It would probably be best to communicate stuff like that via PM or email, so as not to turn this thread into advertising.

Fanuc 90/30 programming cable

i m happy to let you guy out there who have the original GE Fanuc SNP programming cable that this converter is compatible with Mitsubishi SC09 converter. I have been using it on the FX series and A1SJ plc. I find to be working fine and without and problem. All you have to do is to make an adapter from 15pin to 25 pin with reference to SC09 diagram available on this forum.
So with this cable you can use for GE Fanuc and Mitsubishi PLC.

The converter is a standard RS-485 to RS-232 converter. It will work on any device with the correct cable/port conversion. Oh, it needs to be powered by 5 VDC.

tood try to used machine edition 5.8 programming sofware b coz
most of loptop computer now have no com port all are usb port lm 90
very hard to communicate usb converter to snp try ME 5.8

conecction

Try this:

Note that it is not approved by GE Fanuc.

9 pin-F 15 pin-M

Rd 2 --------------- 12 SD+(B)

Td 3 --------------- 10 RD+(B')

Sig.Gnd. 5 ---------------- 7 SG

RTS 7 ---| |--- 6 RTS+(B)
CTS 8 ---| |--- 15 CTS+(B')

DTR 4 ---| |--- 8 CTS-(A')
DSR 6 ---| |--- 14 RTS-(A)

Hai steve
i still confuse in the terminal 9 pin Female (7 ---|,8 ---| ,4 ---| ,6 ---| )whats is the meaning abaut symbol ----I in the terminal 2 and 3 i have a direct conection!

Thanks, I found this post by Google. the cable pin out help me to make my m/c running.
90-30 PLC CPU stopped due to hw error. we need cable to communicate from laptop to plc, to make it from stop to run.

Communication cable

Hi Steve Bailey,
Iam now using this cable configration,but communication failed.
Please help me to upload Logic from CPU331 with logic master 90.
Iam using v9.5.

Best Regards

Try this:

Note that it is not approved by GE Fanuc.

9 pin-F 15 pin-M

Rd 2 --------------- 12 SD+(B)

Td 3 --------------- 10 RD+(B')

Sig.Gnd. 5 ---------------- 7 SG

RTS 7 ---| |--- 6 RTS+(B)
CTS 8 ---| |--- 15 CTS+(B')

DTR 4 ---| |--- 8 CTS-(A')
DSR 6 ---| |--- 14 RTS-(A)

Hi Steve Bailey,
Iam now using this cable configration,but communication failed.
Please help me to upload Logic from CPU331 with logic master 90.
Iam using v9.5.

Best Regards
If the cable is properly built with good communication wire and kept less than 4 meters in length, it is not the problem.
With LM90 it may not work with all USB to Serial adaptors, get a real COMM port.
Verify the COMM port is properly configured on the PC and in LM90. Default setup is 19.2K baud, Odd parity, 8 data bits.

For LM90 online help, from any menu press Alt- H.