You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Unread April 15th, 2015, 12:11 AM   #1
GlenGineer
United States

Obsolete PanelBuilder software

I have a problem. 2 years ago I stepped on the shoulder of a giant and tackled improving the operation and MTBF of an automatic painting system. The MTBF (that is control related failures) was 2 hours. Now its 6 months (and counting). However I keep coming across instances where a change to the HMI could increase my ability to control it. I contacted my Allen Bradley vendor to purchase the PanelBuilder 32 software but found out it is obsolete and no longer for sale. So... I happened to find a used copy on ebay (sold to company unknown from AB). Great I have a copy right? Wrong. The panelviews were programed with v3.83 whereas I bought v3.6(x). Strangely it wouldn't work. I'm hoping that there is somebody out there that might be able to do a saveas for me to an earlier version.

Thanks,

Glen
Unread April 15th, 2015, 03:01 AM   #2
nehpets
Wales

Welcome to the forum,
There is no attachment of the program

Steve
Unread April 15th, 2015, 03:18 AM   #3
JohnCalderwood
Scotland

Strange...cos I was under the impression that Panelbuilder32 is a free program here, I was told that it was a download...but then I found a CD here....I have V3.82....
Unread April 15th, 2015, 06:46 AM   #4
benaiahhenry
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

That's strange that your vendor said they couldn't get it...my vendor just quoted it (2711-ND3) to me a couple of weeks ago for about $525, though I didn't end up buying it.

-Benaiah
Unread April 15th, 2015, 12:20 PM   #5
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

If somebody sold you a PanelBuilder32 3.6 CD, you got ripped off.

It's not free software, and it should no longer be available for sale. Maybe it is; I haven't needed to buy it because it hasn't changed.

But it's very common among A-B users and Toolkit holders and version 3.83 has been out and very stable for what... 5 or 6 years ?

Glen, if I were in your shoes I would just talk to your local A-B office and ask for an upgrade to version 3.83. Trade them an opportunity for a salesman to come talk to your maintenance manager. That's the sort of currency a sales office works in.
Unread April 15th, 2015, 02:13 PM   #6
Geospark
Ireland

Up to early 2011, we had been using v3.81, which we have on CD. I then looked to upgrade to v3.83 and noticed it wasn't available as a downloadable upgrade from RA using our serial number. I think the latest you could download at the time was v3.82? So we went through our Vendor and they sent us out a hard copy on CD (v3.83.01) as an upgrade. We had to provide them our serial number to do so. Incidentally, they also provide a copy of the older 16-bit version of PanelBuilder at v2.60 on the CD.

I looked today and notice that you can now download all versions from v3.80 through v3.83 from the RA Download Center using you serial number. So if you have a valid serial number with your ebay purchase, then you should be able to download v3.83 as an upgrade, free of charge. However, you would also need the Company Name currently attached to that serial number.

While you do still get the FactoryTalk Activation red envelope with the CD, you do not need to activate PanelBuilder32. All the certificate shows is the serial number, which you do need to install the software.

If you do not have a valid serial number, then you will have to purchase/barter/beg/borrow or steal to get a copy.

Some info...

578733 - Downloading PanelBuilder32 software
Access Level: Everyone

150966 - PanelBuilder32: Running on Windows 7

63083 - PanelBuilder32 3.83 Release Notes

Regards,
George
Unread April 15th, 2015, 08:55 PM   #7
GlenGineer
United States

The Rockwell automation site says its obsolete. My vender wouldn't quote me for it...but I asked for a quote on the software not on the part number. (and maybe your vender has an unsold copy...mine doesn't). I read on this site that there was a free download... that was ended. I talked to Rockwell about a year ago about getting an upgrade to the last version...if I remember correctly they will upgrade you...if you have what they consider a valid copy. Unfortunately a used copy (without the original company's name) is not valid.

If somebody can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Attached are two VBA files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PanelView.zip (126.9 KB, 346 views)
Unread April 16th, 2015, 08:06 AM   #8
jgreenewv
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Bad news...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg errmsg.jpg (17.6 KB, 417 views)
Unread April 16th, 2015, 08:11 AM   #9
Mickey
United States

GlenGineer, check your private messages.

If you want happiness for an hour-take a nap. If you want happiness for a day-go fishing. If you want happiness for a month-getmarried. If you want happiness for a year-inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime-help someone else.
----- Chinese Proverb
Unread April 16th, 2015, 11:44 AM   #10
nehpets
Wales

Here you go, converted to v2.6. I've had to change the firmware version, comms type & SLC500 type to convert, these need to be changed back after re-conversion

Steve
Attached Files
File Type: zip PanelView.zip (209.4 KB, 156 views)
Unread April 17th, 2015, 10:54 PM   #11
GlenGineer
United States

Thanks everybody for your input and help! I spent a small portion of today looking over the file. Maybe in a couple of days I will need to find somebodies grandmother to help me finish.

Glengineer
Unread January 14th, 2020, 07:30 PM   #12
alexpineda
United States

Panelbuilder

I have a project apparently made in panelbuilder v 241 I have panelbuilder32 v34, can somebody help me to upgrade the project to pb34.

thanks a lot.

Alex
Unread January 15th, 2020, 07:42 AM   #13
Aabeck
United States

I had to buy PanelBuilder a few years ago. Had to have my distributor's Tech Support come up with the part number and was able to order it from them.

I got ver 3.6, but was able to go to the Rockwell Compatabilities & Downloads page and download ver 3.83.
Unread January 15th, 2020, 09:58 AM   #14
OkiePC
United States

2711-ND3 is the old part number 2711-ND3A is the new part number. Last time we bought it, I had to call my rep and get them to order it for me. Once I had the sales confirmation and serial number, I downloaded it.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp....il/a_id/578733

When I search Rexel for the new part number, it lists it as available for around $650. I think 5 years ago we paid $750. I am almost stunned that the price has gone down. I guess they make up for it by getting $4830 for a 1769-L32E.

If you zip and attach your PBA file, someone might be able to convert it for you, but be more careful with your software version and hardware revision numbers when specifying what you have and what you need.
Unread January 15th, 2020, 12:41 PM   #15
alexpineda
United States

This a project made by panelbuilder v2.41
I need to open this project in a PanelBuilder32 v3.50

To write a new project for a different HMI.

If somebody can migrate this file I will really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Alex
Attached Files
File Type: zip Z9001.zip (47.7 KB, 6 views)
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum