C-more + Any PLCs Funny Simple Question

halosome

I spent two hours on a very simple question:

I have 4 flashing icons (PLC variable) on the screen of a C-more panel showing the communication status of the 4 PLCs connected to it. However, how do I give ONE alarm event to the alarm screen if one of the comm fails?

I was thinking to make a timer on C-more but I realized that I could not reset it from the PLC; I also thought about timer on PLC, but C-more does not have "if then else" logic.

Could anyone shed some light?

Thanks!

Thanks Gary.

Those methods seem to work, but actually not. I have an ugly solution for now: set two counters for each PLC in C-more, the toggle signal from PLC reset those counters separately, and then the counter triggers the comm fail signal. bad solution but works.