AdvancedHMI now supports Omron PLCs and more

Archie

Version 3.81 of AdvancedHMI is now available and includes drivers for many of the Omron PLCs. It has FINS over Ethernet and FINS over serial which has been tested on a CP1H. There is also a driver for Host Link over serial for C200 controllers.

For those not familiar with AdvancedHMI, it is free (not a trial and does not require run time fees) HMI tool set based on Microsoft Visual Studio (also works on the free version of Microsoft Visual Studio Express for Desktop). It includes everything necessary to build a complete HMI without the need to write a single line of code.

A couple months ago a ModbusRTU driver was also added that has been tested with many devices including AutomationDirect ClickPLC.

Version 3.81 also added a driver for the Allen Bradley Micro800 series using tag name addressing.

The Omron and Micro800 drivers are brand new, so please report any problems found with them so they can be quickly fixed.

Thanks Archie for your efforts in creating this wonderful work. And glad to see more and more devices are getting added to it. 🍻

I almost missed this post
Thanks Archie - Now I will have a real hard look at AdvancedHMI
I do more Omron than AB

For those wanting to try out the Omron driver, here are a few quick steps to get setup for a CP1H controller with an Ethernet module:

1) Download and install Microsoft Visual Studio Express for Desktop

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=43733

2) Download and extract the lastest AdvancedHMI
3) Open the solution file (.sln) with Visual Studio
4) Build the project
5) From the ToolBox (AdvancedHMIDrivers group), add an OmronEthernetFINSCom to the form
6) Set the IPAddress property of the OmronEthernetFINSCom to the address set in the PLC
7) Add a BasicLabel to the form
8) Set the PLCAddressValue property of the BasicLabel to D0
9) Connect to the PLC and Run the application

Hi, I'm relatively new at SCADA, then i heard of this awesome software. I'm developing a simple monitoring HMI using valve as an output device for my CP1H Omron PLC. I had been trying to use the OmronSerialFinsCom1 as communication tool (using RS232 to usb). But i dint have a clue on setting the right address value on the valve setting to make the pump turn ON (become green) when the actual valve turn ON. I'm using 100.2 as valve output. I hope that you can help me. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm relatively new at SCADA, then i heard of this awesome software. I'm developing a simple monitoring HMI using valve as an output device for my CP1H Omron PLC. I had been trying to use the OmronSerialFinsCom1 as communication tool (using RS232 to usb). But i dint have a clue on setting the right address value on the valve setting to make the pump turn ON (become green) when the actual valve turn ON. I'm using 100.2 as valve output. I hope that you can help me. Thanks in advance.

Start with a very simple setup to verify your communication link.

Add a driver to the form and set the communication parameters
Add a BasicLabel to the form
Set PLCAdressValue to D0
Set PLCAddressKeypad to D0
Run the application
Click on the BasicLabel and enter a new value on the keypad
That new value should show in the BasicLabel

Hi Dear I have a problem with CX-one ...
i have change the XP windows password for IPC (industrial pc )
now when i want to run run time for entering the supervisor panel (HMI )
i see this message " please insert the CD contain CX-ONE.msi " unfortunately i don't have CX-ONE Ver 2.01 ... any one can help me ?
May i use of CX-ONE Ver 4.0 or higher ?
also i have to say when i cancel ths message i can enter to operator panel ( HMI) but i will receive more Error message for connecting to invertors servo motors and drives ....

i have changed the windows XP password for IPC (industrial pc )
i see this message " please insert the CD contain CX-ONE.msi " unfortunately i don't have CX-ONE Ver 2.01 ... any one can help me ?
also i have to say when i cancel ths message i can enter to operator panel ( HMI) but i will receive more Error message for connecting to invertors servo motors and drives ....

Problem with CX-one

I changed the password for entering to Windows XP of industrial pc .
also when i cancel this message , i can enter to operator panel ( HMI) but i will receive more Error message for connecting to inventors servo motors and drives ....

Repetitious :(